Accident Lawyers in Swansea, IL
Contact the Swansea, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Swansea, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Swansea, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover compensation after these accidents. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Swansea, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Swansea accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Swansea, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases can be worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for an injury case in Swansea, IL, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Swansea.
Having settled more than $35 million for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Swansea injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Swansea Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Swansea area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Swansea accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Swansea clients with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Swansea
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Swansea accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Swansea will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Swansea, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Swansea, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed dozens car- and truck-related cases. It’s our job to help Swansea accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Swansea, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Swansea accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Swansea, IL, are available 24/7.