Accident Lawyers in Tamms, IL
Contact the Tamms, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Tamms, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Tamms, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Tamms, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Tamms accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer prime advice for Tamms, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for a personal injury claim in Tamms, IL, it’s important to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Tamms.
Having settled over $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Tamms injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. Please contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Tamms Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Tamms area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Tamms accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Tamms residents with the information and experience they deserve to fight insurance companies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Tamms
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced Tamms accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Tamms will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Tamms, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Tamms, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed many car- and truck-related cases. It’s our goal to help Tamms accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Tamms, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Tamms accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Tamms, IL, are available 24/7.