Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
Contact a St. Louis, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims in the St. Louis, MO, area. It’s our job to help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s St. Louis, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our St. Louis accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for St. Louis, MO, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get compensation for a personal injury claim in St. Louis, MO, it’s essential to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in St. Louis.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the St. Louis injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Feel free to contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best accident firms in the St. Louis, MO, area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The St. Louis accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer St. Louis residents with the experience and information they deserve to fight big insurers and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for St. Louis Injury Claims
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced St. Louis accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in St. Louis will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in St. Louis, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in St. Louis, MO
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with dozens car- and truck-related cases. It is our goal to help St. Louis accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your St. Louis, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The St. Louis accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in St. Louis, MO, are available 24/7.