Accident Lawyers in Troy, IL
Call the Troy, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Troy, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Troy, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover compensation after an accident. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Troy, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Troy accident lawyers support victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer prime advice for Troy, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for a personal injury claim in Troy, IL, it’s important to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Troy.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the Troy injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. You can contact us now for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Troy Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Troy area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Troy accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Troy clients with the experience and information they deserve to fight big insurers and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Troy
When it comes to reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Troy accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Troy will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Troy, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Troy, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have managed many car- and truck-related claims. It’s our goal to help Troy accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Troy, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Troy accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call Dixon today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Troy, IL, are available 24/7.