Accident Lawyers in Valley Park, MO
Contact the Valley Park, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Valley Park, MO. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Valley Park, MO, area. We help clients recover damages after these accidents. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Valley Park, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Valley Park accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are involved in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Valley Park, MO, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury case in Valley Park, MO, it is important to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Valley Park.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Valley Park injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. You can contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Valley Park Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Valley Park area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Valley Park accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Valley Park residents with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Valley Park
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced Valley Park accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Valley Park will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Valley Park, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Valley Park, MO
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with many car- and truck-related claims. It is our goal to help Valley Park accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Valley Park, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Valley Park accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Valley Park, MO, are available 24/7.