Accident Lawyers in Valmeyer, IL
Contact the Valmeyer, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Valmeyer, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Valmeyer, IL, area. We help clients recover damages after an accident. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Valmeyer, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon’s Valmeyer accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are in an accident of some kind, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Valmeyer, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win a personal injury case in Valmeyer, IL, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Valmeyer.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Valmeyer injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Valmeyer Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Valmeyer area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Valmeyer accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Valmeyer residents with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight big insurers and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Valmeyer
In terms of compensation, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled Valmeyer accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Valmeyer will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Valmeyer, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Valmeyer, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have managed dozens vehicle-related cases. It’s our job to help Valmeyer accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Valmeyer, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Valmeyer accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Valmeyer, IL, are available 24/7.