Accident Lawyers in Venedy, IL
Contact the Venedy, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Venedy, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Venedy, IL, area. We help victims recover damages after these accidents. We handle insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Venedy, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon’s Venedy accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re involved in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Venedy, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win a personal injury claim in Venedy, IL, it’s essential to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Venedy.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the Venedy injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Feel free to contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Venedy Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Venedy area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Venedy accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Venedy clients with the experience and information they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Venedy
When it comes to compensation, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. A skilled Venedy accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Venedy will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Venedy, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Venedy, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have handled various car- and truck-related claims. It’s our job to help Venedy accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Venedy, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Venedy accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Venedy, IL, are available 24/7.