Accident Lawyers in Vienna, IL
Contact the Vienna, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Vienna, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Vienna, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Vienna, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Our Vienna accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Vienna, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To receive compensation for an injury claim in Vienna, IL, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Vienna.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Vienna injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. You can contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Vienna Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Vienna area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Vienna accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Vienna residents with the information and experience they need to effectively fight big insurers and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Vienna
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled Vienna accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Vienna will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Vienna, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Vienna, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a seasoned accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled dozens vehicle-related claims. It’s our goal to help Vienna accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Vienna, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Vienna accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Vienna, IL, are available 24/7.