Accident Lawyers in Villa Ridge, MO
Contact the Villa Ridge, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Villa Ridge, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Villa Ridge, MO, area. We help clients recover damages after these accidents. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Villa Ridge, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Villa Ridge accident lawyers support victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Villa Ridge, MO, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases can be worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win an injury case in Villa Ridge, MO, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Villa Ridge.
Having settled over $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Villa Ridge injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us today for more information about how we help our clients.
Villa Ridge Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Villa Ridge area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Villa Ridge accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Villa Ridge residents with the experience and information they deserve to fight big insurers and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Villa Ridge
In regards to reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced Villa Ridge accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Villa Ridge will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Villa Ridge, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Villa Ridge, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed various vehicle-related cases. It is our job to help Villa Ridge accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Villa Ridge, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Villa Ridge accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Villa Ridge, MO, are available 24/7.