Accident Lawyers in Waltonville, IL
Contact the Waltonville, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Waltonville, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Waltonville, IL, area. We help victims recover compensation after an accident. We handle cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Waltonville, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Waltonville accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Waltonville, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To receive compensation for an injury case in Waltonville, IL, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Waltonville.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Waltonville injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. You can contact us now for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Waltonville Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Waltonville area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Waltonville accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Waltonville clients with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight insurance companies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Waltonville
When it comes to compensation, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced Waltonville accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Waltonville will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Waltonville, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Waltonville, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have handled many car- and truck-related claims. It is our job to help Waltonville accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Waltonville, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Waltonville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Waltonville, IL, are available 24/7.