Accident Lawyers in Washington County, MO
Contact a Washington County accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Washington County, MO. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims in the Washington County area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Washington County, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Washington County accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re involved in some kind of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, we offer prime advice for Washington County, victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get compensation for a personal injury claim in Washington County, MO, it is essential to have experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Washington County.
Having settled over $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Washington County injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. Please contact us today for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Washington County
As one of the best accident firms in the Washington County area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Washington County accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Washington County clients with the information and experience they need to effectively fight insurance companies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Washington County
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. A skilled accident lawyer in Washington County will also take into account ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: The right accident lawyer in Washington County will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Washington County and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Washington County
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have handled many vehicle-related cases. It is our job to help Washington County accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Washington County Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Washington County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Washington County, MO, are available 24/7.