Accident Lawyers in Washington, MO
Call the Washington, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Washington, MO. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Washington, MO, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after these accidents. We handle insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35,000,000 for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Washington, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Washington accident lawyers support victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are in some sort of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Washington, MO, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases are worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for an injury case in Washington, MO, it’s crucial to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Washington.
Having settled over $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Washington injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us today for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Washington Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Washington area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Washington accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Washington residents with the information and experience they need to fight big insurers and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Washington
In terms of compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Washington accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Washington will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Washington, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Washington, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled dozens vehicle-related claims. It’s our goal to help Washington accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Washington, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Washington accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Washington, MO, are available 24/7.