Accident Lawyers in Waterloo, IL
Contact the Waterloo, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Waterloo, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Waterloo, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover damages after these accidents. Dixon handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Waterloo, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Waterloo accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer prime advice for Waterloo, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win a personal injury claim in Waterloo, IL, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Waterloo.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Waterloo injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. You can contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Waterloo Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Waterloo area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer will offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Waterloo accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Waterloo clients with the experience and information they need to fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Waterloo
In terms of reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced Waterloo accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Waterloo will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Waterloo, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Waterloo, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a seasoned accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have managed various vehicle-related cases. It’s our job to help Waterloo accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Waterloo, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Waterloo accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Waterloo, IL, are available 24/7.