Accident Lawyers in Weldon Spring, MO
Call the Weldon Spring, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Weldon Spring, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Weldon Spring, MO, area. We help victims recover damages after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Weldon Spring, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Weldon Spring accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, we offer prime advice for Weldon Spring, MO, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for an injury case in Weldon Spring, MO, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Weldon Spring.
Having settled over $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Weldon Spring injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. Feel free to contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Weldon Spring Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Weldon Spring area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Weldon Spring accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Weldon Spring residents with the experience and information they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Weldon Spring
In regards to reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Weldon Spring accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Weldon Spring will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Weldon Spring, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Weldon Spring, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with dozens vehicle-related cases. It’s our goal to help Weldon Spring accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Weldon Spring, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Weldon Spring accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Weldon Spring, MO, are available 24/7.