Accident Lawyers in Wentzville, MO
Call the Wentzville, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Wentzville, MO. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Wentzville, MO, area. We help victims recover damages after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Wentzville, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Wentzville accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Wentzville, MO, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury case in Wentzville, MO, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Wentzville.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Wentzville injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Please contact us now for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Wentzville Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Wentzville area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Wentzville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Wentzville clients with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Wentzville
Regarding reimbursement, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Wentzville accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Wentzville will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Wentzville, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Wentzville, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with dozens vehicle-related cases. It is our goal to help Wentzville accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Wentzville, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Wentzville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Wentzville, MO, are available 24/7.