Accident Lawyers in West Frankfort, IL
Contact the West Frankfort, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in West Frankfort, IL. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the West Frankfort, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s West Frankfort, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Our West Frankfort accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are in an accident of some kind, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for West Frankfort, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury case in West Frankfort, IL, it’s crucial to have experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in West Frankfort.
Having settled over $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the West Frankfort injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. You can contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
West Frankfort Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the West Frankfort area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The West Frankfort accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer West Frankfort residents with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in West Frankfort
Regarding compensation, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced West Frankfort accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in West Frankfort will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in West Frankfort, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in West Frankfort, IL
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with many vehicle-related claims. It is our job to help West Frankfort accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your West Frankfort, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The West Frankfort accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in West Frankfort, IL, are available 24/7.