Accident Lawyers in Wildwood, MO
Call the Wildwood, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Wildwood, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Wildwood, MO, area. We help clients recover compensation after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Wildwood, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Wildwood accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are in some kind of accident, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Wildwood, MO, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury case in Wildwood, MO, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Wildwood.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Wildwood injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us now for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Wildwood Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Wildwood area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurer will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Wildwood accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Wildwood residents with the experience and information they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Wildwood
In terms of compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Wildwood accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Wildwood will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Wildwood, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Wildwood, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with various car- and truck-related cases. It’s our job to help Wildwood accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Wildwood, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Wildwood accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Wildwood, MO, are available 24/7.