Accident Lawyers in Wood River, IL
Call the Wood River, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Wood River, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Wood River, IL, area. We help victims recover damages after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Wood River, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Wood River accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Wood River, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury case in Wood River, IL, it’s crucial to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Wood River.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Wood River injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. You can contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Wood River Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Wood River area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Wood River accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Wood River clients with the experience and information they need to effectively fight insurance companies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Wood River
When it comes to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled Wood River accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Wood River will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Wood River, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Wood River, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with various vehicle-related claims. It’s our job to help Wood River accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Wood River, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Wood River accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Wood River, IL, are available 24/7.