Accident Lawyers in Worden, IL
Call the Worden, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Worden, IL. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Worden, IL, area. We help clients recover compensation after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Worden, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Worden accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re in some kind of accident, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Worden, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases can be worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win a personal injury claim in Worden, IL, it’s essential to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Worden.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Worden injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. Please contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Worden Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Worden area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Worden accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Worden residents with the information and experience they deserve to fight insurance companies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Worden
In terms of compensation, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced Worden accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Worden will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Worden, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Worden, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with various car- and truck-related claims. It’s our goal to help Worden accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Worden, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Worden accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Worden, IL, are available 24/7.