Accident Lawyers in Xenia, IL
Contact the Xenia, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Xenia, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Xenia, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Xenia, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Xenia accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are involved in some sort of accident, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Xenia, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win a personal injury case in Xenia, IL, it’s essential to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Xenia.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Xenia injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. You can contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Xenia Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Xenia area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Xenia accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Xenia residents with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Xenia
When it comes to reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Xenia accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Xenia will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Xenia, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Xenia, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with dozens vehicle-related cases. It’s our goal to help Xenia accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Xenia, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Xenia accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Xenia, IL, are available 24/7.