Auto Accident Attorneys
Contact our experienced auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of vehicle-related accidents. Please contact our St. Louis auto accident lawyers right away if you are looking for legal representation. We offer free legal counsel to injury victims and their families.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35 million for clients. It is important for our firm to offer grade-A legal representation. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. It is considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases usually involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning reimbursement. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in St. Louis, MO, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it’s important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for vehicle-related accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our St. Louis car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our St. Louis, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a big rig, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to consider.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it is absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident may mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks can add up. Our St. Louis car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in St. Louis, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact our St. Louis, MO, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified St. Louis injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the St. Louis, MO, area. You can view our full service area list below: