Auto Accident Attorneys in Allendale, IL
Contact our experienced Allendale, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Allendale, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Please contact our Allendale auto accident lawyers now if you are looking for legal representation. We provide free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call today for a consultation and case review.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35 million for clients. It’s important to our lawyers to offer top-notch legal counsel. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people are killed every year in auto accidents. It is considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths every year. These cases typically involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning reimbursement. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Allendale, IL, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto crashes are complicated, and it’s crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Allendale, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for vehicle-related accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths per year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck crashes involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Allendale car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Allendale, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial truck, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks start to add up. Our Allendale car accident attorneys will account for missing wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Allendale, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Allendale, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact our Allendale, IL, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified Allendale injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Allendale, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Allendale, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Allendale auto accident attorneys now for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Allendale, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.