Auto Accident Attorneys in Alton, IL
Contact our experienced Alton, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Alton, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from vehicle-related accidents. You can contact our Alton auto accident lawyers today if you are looking for legal representation. We provide free legal representation to victims and their families. Call now for a free case review and consultation.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35,000,000 for clients. It is important for our firm to provide next-level legal representation. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. It’s considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Alton, IL, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it is crucial to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Alton, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
The Most Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
A settlement for vehicle-related accidents varies on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck accidents involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Alton auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Alton, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial truck, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to consider.
- Medical Expenses: When you are injured, it is absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks can add up. Our Alton car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Alton, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Alton, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact our Alton, IL, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified Alton injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- How much can I get for my accident? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Alton, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Alton, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Alton auto accident attorneys today for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, Dixon’s Alton, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.