Auto Accident Attorneys in Bloomsdale, MO
Contact our experienced Bloomsdale, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Bloomsdale, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. You can contact our Bloomsdale auto accident lawyers today if you have a claim. We offer free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call today for a consultation.
Our firm has recovered over $35 million for injury victims. It is important for our firm to offer grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die each year in auto accidents. It’s considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Road-related accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 large vehicle-related deaths every year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of getting reimbursement. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Bloomsdale, MO, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it’s important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Bloomsdale, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for auto accidents varies on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Bloomsdale car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s Bloomsdale, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to consider.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it is absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks can add up. Our Bloomsdale car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify any claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Bloomsdale, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Bloomsdale, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact our Bloomsdale, MO, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified Bloomsdale injury lawyer will help you add up any damages.
- How much can I get for my accident? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Bloomsdale, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Bloomsdale, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Bloomsdale auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Bloomsdale, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.