Auto Accident Attorneys in Bond County, IL
Contact our experienced Bond County, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Bond County, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Feel free to contact our Bond County auto accident lawyers today if you need legal counsel. Our firm provides free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call now for a consultation and case review.
Our firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for clients. It is important for our firm to provide top-notch legal representation. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people die annually in auto accidents. It is considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Road-related accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases often involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Bond County, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it’s crucial to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Bond County, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for auto accidents vary based on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths per year. Some of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional common commercial truck crashes often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Bond County auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Bond County, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial vehicle, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it is absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks can add up. Our Bond County car accident attorneys will account for missing wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Bond County, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Bond County, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact our Bond County, IL, accident lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Bond County injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Bond County, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Bond County, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Bond County auto accident attorneys today for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Bond County, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.