Auto Accident Attorneys in Boonville, MO
Contact our experienced Boonville, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Boonville, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. You can contact our Boonville auto accident lawyers right away if you need legal counsel. We offer free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call today for a consultation.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for victims and their families. It is important for our firm to offer grade-A legal representation. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. Look at the list below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. It is considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, over 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases typically involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Boonville, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it is crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Boonville, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for car and truck accidents vary based on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths every year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional common commercial truck crashes often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Boonville car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Boonville, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial vehicle, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This may include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to consider.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks start to add up. Our Boonville car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Boonville, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Boonville, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? First step: Contact our Boonville, MO, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Boonville injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Boonville, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Boonville, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Boonville auto accident attorneys today for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Boonville, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.