Auto Accident Attorneys in Boulder, IL
Contact our experienced Boulder, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Boulder, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Boulder auto accident lawyers today if you are looking for legal representation. We offer free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call today for a consultation.
Our attorneys have recovered over $50 million for injury victims. It is important for our firm to provide next-level legal representation. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients fair reimbursement. Look at the list below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people are killed annually in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Road-related accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases typically involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Boulder, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it’s important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Boulder, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for car and truck accidents varies on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths every year. Some of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Boulder car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Boulder, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial truck, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it’s absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Boulder car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Boulder, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Boulder, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Boulder, IL, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Boulder injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Boulder, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Boulder, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Boulder auto accident attorneys now for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, Dixon’s Boulder, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.