Auto Accident Attorneys in Calhoun County, IL
Contact our experienced Calhoun County, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Calhoun County, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of auto accidents. You can contact our Calhoun County auto accident lawyers now if you need legal counsel. Our firm provides free legal counsel to victims and their families. Call now for a free case review and consultation.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for clients. It is important to our lawyers to provide next-level legal counsel. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people are killed every year in auto accidents. It is considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers ages 16-20. Road-related accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases typically involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Calhoun County, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it is important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Calhoun County, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for vehicle-related accidents varies on a number of factors. For example, drowsy driving is associated with upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths every year. Some of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Other common large truck accidents involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Calhoun County car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Calhoun County, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a big rig, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This may include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to consider.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it’s absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks start to add up. Our Calhoun County car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify any claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Calhoun County, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Calhoun County, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? First step: Contact our Calhoun County, IL, accident attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Calhoun County injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Calhoun County, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Calhoun County, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Calhoun County auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Calhoun County, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.