Auto Accident Attorneys in Carlyle, IL
Contact our experienced Carlyle, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Carlyle, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Feel free to contact our Carlyle auto accident lawyers right away if you need legal counsel. Our firm provides free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call now for a consultation and case review.
Our firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for injury victims. It is important to our lawyers to offer next-level legal representation. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die annually in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, over 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 large vehicle-related deaths every year. These cases usually involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning reimbursement. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Carlyle, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto crashes are complicated, and it is important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Carlyle, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for vehicle-related accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths per year. Some of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Additional common commercial truck accidents involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Carlyle car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Carlyle, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a big rig, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it’s absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Carlyle car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify any claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Carlyle, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Carlyle, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact our Carlyle, IL, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified Carlyle injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- How much can I get for my accident? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Carlyle, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Carlyle, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Carlyle auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Carlyle, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.