Auto Accident Attorneys in Chamois, MO
Contact our experienced Chamois, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Chamois, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from auto accidents. Please contact our Chamois auto accident lawyers right away if you are looking for legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal representation to victims and their families. Call today for a consultation.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35,000,000 for clients. It is important to our lawyers to offer grade-A legal representation. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people die annually in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers ages 16-20. Road-related accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases typically involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of getting reimbursement. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Chamois, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it’s important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Chamois, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
Compensation for vehicle-related accidents varies on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is associated with upwards of 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. Some of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Other common large truck crashes involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Chamois car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Chamois, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a big rig, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it is absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Chamois car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Chamois, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Chamois, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Chamois, MO, accident attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Chamois injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Chamois, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Chamois, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Chamois auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Chamois, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.