Auto Accident Attorneys in Chesterfield, MO
Contact our experienced Chesterfield, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Chesterfield, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. You can contact our Chesterfield auto accident lawyers now if you need legal counsel. We offer free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call now for a consultation and case review.
Our firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for injury victims. It is important to our lawyers to provide grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people are killed every year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, over 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases often involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of getting reimbursement. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Chesterfield, MO, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto crashes are complicated, and it’s crucial to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Chesterfield, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
The Most Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
A settlement for auto accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths every year. Some of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Other types of commercial truck accidents involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Chesterfield car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Our Chesterfield, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what you’re owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it’s absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Chesterfield car accident attorneys will account for missing wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Chesterfield, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Chesterfield, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact our Chesterfield, MO, accident lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Chesterfield injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Chesterfield, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Chesterfield, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Chesterfield auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Chesterfield, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.