Auto Accident Attorneys in Clayton, MO
Contact our experienced Clayton, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Clayton, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Feel free to contact our Clayton auto accident lawyers today if you have a claim. We offer free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call now for a consultation and case review.
Our firm has recovered more than $50 million for injury victims. It is important to our lawyers to offer grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. Look at the list below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. It’s considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, an average of 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers aged 16-20. Road-related accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases usually involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Clayton, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it is important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Clayton, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
Compensation for car and truck accidents vary based on a number of factors. For example, drowsy driving is associated with upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Other types of large truck crashes involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Clayton car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Our Clayton, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial truck, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks start to add up. Our Clayton car accident attorneys will account for missing wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Clayton, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Clayton, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Clayton, MO, accident lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Clayton injury lawyer will help you add up any damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Clayton, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Clayton, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Clayton auto accident attorneys now for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Clayton, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.