Auto Accident Attorneys in Clinton County, IL
Contact our experienced Clinton County, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Clinton County, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Clinton County auto accident lawyers today if you are looking for legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel to victims and their families. Call now for a consultation and case review.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $50 million for injury victims. It’s important to our lawyers to offer top-notch legal counsel. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers ages 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases usually involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Clinton County, IL, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it’s crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Clinton County, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
The Most Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Compensation for vehicle-related accidents varies on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths per year. Some of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Other types of large truck accidents involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see how much compensation our Clinton County car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Clinton County, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what you’re owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it is absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Clinton County car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Clinton County, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Clinton County, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Clinton County, IL, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Clinton County injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Clinton County, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Clinton County, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Clinton County auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Clinton County, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.