Auto Accident Attorneys in Collinsville, IL
Contact our experienced Collinsville, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Collinsville, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Please contact our Collinsville auto accident lawyers today if you are looking for legal representation. We provide free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call today for a case review.
Our firm has recovered over $50 million for injury victims. It’s important for our firm to offer grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients fair reimbursement. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. It’s considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, over 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 large vehicle-related deaths every year. These cases usually involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of getting reimbursement. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Collinsville, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it’s crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Collinsville, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Compensation for car and truck accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths per year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Collinsville car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Our Collinsville, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what you’re owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a big rig, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to consider.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident may mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Collinsville car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Collinsville, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Collinsville, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Collinsville, IL, accident lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Collinsville injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Collinsville, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Collinsville, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Collinsville auto accident attorneys now for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Collinsville, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.