Auto Accident Attorneys in Colp, IL
Contact our experienced Colp, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Colp, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of vehicle-related accidents. Feel free to contact our Colp auto accident lawyers right away if you think you have a case. Our firm provides free legal counsel to victims and their families. Call today for a consultation and case review.
Our firm has recovered over $50 million for injury victims. It is important to our lawyers to provide grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die each year in auto accidents. It is considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases usually involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of seeking reimbursement. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Colp, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it is important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Colp, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for auto accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths per year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck crashes involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Colp auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Colp, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what victims are owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This may include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to consider.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it’s absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks start to add up. Our Colp car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Colp, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Colp, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Colp, IL, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Colp injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- How much can I get for my accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Colp, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Colp, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Colp auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Colp, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.