Auto Accident Attorneys in Columbia, MO
Contact our experienced Columbia, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Columbia, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of vehicle-related accidents. You can contact our Columbia auto accident lawyers right away if you are looking for legal representation. We provide free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call now for a consultation and case review.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35,000,000 for clients. It’s important to our lawyers to offer grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die each year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Columbia, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it’s crucial to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Columbia, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for car and truck accidents vary based on a number of factors. For example, drowsy driving is associated with upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths every year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional types of large truck accidents often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Columbia car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Our Columbia, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial vehicle, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Columbia car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Columbia, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Columbia, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact our Columbia, MO, accident attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Columbia injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Columbia, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Columbia, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Columbia auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Columbia, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.