Auto Accident Attorneys in Cottleville, MO
Contact our experienced Cottleville, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Cottleville, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Feel free to contact our Cottleville auto accident lawyers now if you need legal counsel. We offer free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call today for a consultation.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. It’s important to our lawyers to offer top-notch legal counsel. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. It’s considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases usually involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of getting compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Cottleville, MO, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it is crucial to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Cottleville, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
A settlement for car and truck accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths per year. A few of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Other types of large truck crashes involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Cottleville car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Cottleville, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial vehicle, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks can add up. Our Cottleville car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Cottleville, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Cottleville, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact our Cottleville, MO, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Cottleville injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Cottleville, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Cottleville, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Cottleville auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Cottleville, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.