Auto Accident Attorneys in Crawford County, MO
Contact our experienced Crawford County, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Crawford County, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Please contact our Crawford County auto accident lawyers today if you have a claim. Our firm provides free legal representation to victims and their families. Call now for a consultation.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. It is important to our lawyers to offer grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases usually involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Crawford County, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it is important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Crawford County, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for vehicle-related accidents varies on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths each year. Some of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Other types of commercial truck crashes involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see how much compensation our Crawford County auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Crawford County, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial truck, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it is absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Crawford County car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify any claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Crawford County, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Crawford County, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Crawford County, MO, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Crawford County injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Crawford County, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Crawford County, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Crawford County auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Crawford County, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.