Auto Accident Attorneys in Crossville, IL
Contact our experienced Crossville, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Crossville, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from vehicle-related accidents. You can contact our Crossville auto accident lawyers today if you need legal counsel. Our firm provides free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call now for a consultation and case review.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for clients. It is important for our firm to offer grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. It is considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, over 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths every year. These cases typically involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning reimbursement. Our auto accident attorneys in Crossville, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto crashes are complicated, and it’s crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Crossville, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Settlments for vehicle-related accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths per year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Other types of large truck crashes involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Crossville auto accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s Crossville, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what victims are owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial truck, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This may include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: When you are injured, it is absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks start to add up. Our Crossville car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify any claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Crossville, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Crossville, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Crossville, IL, accident attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Crossville injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Crossville, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Crossville, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Crossville auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Crossville, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.