Auto Accident Attorneys in Eddyville, IL
Contact our experienced Eddyville, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Eddyville, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Feel free to contact our Eddyville auto accident lawyers right away if you have a claim. Our firm provides free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call today for a consultation and case review.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. It’s important to our lawyers to offer grade-A legal representation. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people are killed every year in auto accidents. It is considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths every year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Eddyville, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it is crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Eddyville, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for auto accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths per year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Eddyville car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Eddyville, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial truck, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This may include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to consider.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it is absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks start to add up. Our Eddyville car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Eddyville, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Eddyville, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Eddyville, IL, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Eddyville injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Eddyville, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Eddyville, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Eddyville auto accident attorneys now for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Eddyville, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.