Auto Accident Attorneys in Edwardsville, IL
Contact our experienced Edwardsville, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Edwardsville, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from auto accidents. Please contact our Edwardsville auto accident lawyers now if you need legal counsel. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call today for a free case review and consultation.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35,000,000 for clients. It is important for our firm to offer grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people die each year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, an average of 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers ages 16-20. Road-related accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of seeking reimbursement. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Edwardsville, IL, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto crashes are complicated, and it is important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Edwardsville, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for car and truck accidents varies on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Other types of large truck accidents often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see how much compensation our Edwardsville auto accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Edwardsville, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks can add up. Our Edwardsville car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Edwardsville, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Edwardsville, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Edwardsville, IL, accident attorneys right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Edwardsville injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Edwardsville, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Edwardsville, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Edwardsville auto accident attorneys today for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Edwardsville, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.