Auto Accident Attorneys in Effingham, IL
Contact our experienced Effingham, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Effingham, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Please contact our Effingham auto accident lawyers today if you need legal counsel. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call today for a consultation and case review.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35 million for victims and their families. It’s important for our firm to provide top-notch legal counsel. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. It’s considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, over 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases often involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of winning reimbursement. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Effingham, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it’s crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Effingham, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for auto accidents vary based on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths per year. Some of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Effingham auto accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Effingham, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what you’re owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial truck, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This may include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it is absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks can add up. Our Effingham car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Effingham, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Effingham, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact our Effingham, IL, accident lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Effingham injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Effingham, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Effingham, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Effingham auto accident attorneys now for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, Dixon’s Effingham, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.