Auto Accident Attorneys in Ellisville, MO
Contact our experienced Ellisville, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Ellisville, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Ellisville auto accident lawyers now if you are looking for legal representation. We provide free legal representation to victims and their families. Call today for a consultation.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35 million for injury victims. It’s important to our lawyers to provide grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die annually in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, over 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases typically involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of getting reimbursement. Our auto accident attorneys in Ellisville, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it is important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Ellisville, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
A settlement for vehicle-related accidents varies on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths every year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional common commercial truck accidents often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see how much compensation our Ellisville auto accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Ellisville, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a big rig, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it is absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Ellisville car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify any claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Ellisville, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Ellisville, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Ellisville, MO, accident attorneys right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Ellisville injury lawyer will help you add up any damages.
- How much can I get for my accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Ellisville, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Ellisville, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Ellisville auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Ellisville, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.