Auto Accident Attorneys in Equality, IL
Contact our experienced Equality, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Equality, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from auto accidents. Please contact our Equality auto accident lawyers today if you think you have a case. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call today for a case review.
Our firm has recovered more than $35 million for victims and their families. It is important to our lawyers to provide next-level legal counsel. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. It is considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Road-related accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases usually involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of getting reimbursement. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Equality, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it’s important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Equality, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for auto accidents varies on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Additional types of commercial truck crashes involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Equality auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Equality, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what you’re owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a big rig, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: When you are injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks can add up. Our Equality car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Equality, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Equality, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Equality, IL, accident attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Equality injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- How much can I get for my accident? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Equality, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Equality, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Equality auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Equality, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.