Auto Accident Attorneys in Eureka, MO
Contact our experienced Eureka, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Eureka, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Please contact our Eureka auto accident lawyers right away if you have a claim. Our firm provides free legal counsel to victims and their families. Call now for a consultation and case review.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $35 million for clients. It is important to our lawyers to provide top-notch legal counsel. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people are killed annually in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, over 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases usually involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of winning compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Eureka, MO, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it’s important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Eureka, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
Compensation for vehicle-related accidents varies on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. Some of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Other types of commercial truck crashes involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Eureka auto accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Eureka, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what victims are owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial truck, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it is absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident may mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks can add up. Our Eureka car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Eureka, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Eureka, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact our Eureka, MO, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Eureka injury lawyer will help you add up any damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Eureka, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Eureka, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Eureka auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Eureka, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.