Auto Accident Attorneys in Evansville, IL
Contact our experienced Evansville, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Evansville, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of auto accidents. Please contact our Evansville auto accident lawyers now if you have a claim. We offer free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call today for a consultation.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35 million for victims and their families. It’s important for our firm to provide grade-A legal representation. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people die each year in auto accidents. It is considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases typically involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of getting compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Evansville, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it’s crucial to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Evansville, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for car and truck accidents varies on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is associated with upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Additional types of commercial truck accidents often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Evansville auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Evansville, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what you’re owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial vehicle, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it’s absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Evansville car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Evansville, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Evansville, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact our Evansville, IL, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Evansville injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Evansville, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Evansville, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Evansville auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Evansville, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.