Auto Accident Attorneys in Ewing, IL
Contact our experienced Ewing, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Ewing, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Feel free to contact our Ewing auto accident lawyers right away if you are looking for legal representation. We provide free legal representation to victims and their families. Call now for a case review.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for injury victims. It is important to our lawyers to offer grade-A legal representation. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people are killed every year in auto accidents. It is considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases usually involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. Our auto accident attorneys in Ewing, IL, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it’s important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Ewing, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Compensation for vehicle-related accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional common commercial truck crashes involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Ewing auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s Ewing, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial vehicle, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks can add up. Our Ewing car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Ewing, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Ewing, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Ewing, IL, accident attorneys right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Ewing injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Ewing, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Ewing, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Ewing auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Ewing, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.