Auto Accident Attorneys in Fairfield, IL
Contact our experienced Fairfield, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Fairfield, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. You can contact our Fairfield auto accident lawyers now if you think you have a case. We provide free legal representation to victims and their families. Call now for a consultation and case review.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $50 million for injury victims. It’s important to our lawyers to offer next-level legal representation. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases typically involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of getting compensation. Our auto accident attorneys in Fairfield, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it’s crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Fairfield, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for auto accidents vary based on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths per year. Some of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Additional types of commercial truck accidents often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Fairfield car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Fairfield, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what victims are owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial vehicle, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it is absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks start to add up. Our Fairfield car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Fairfield, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Fairfield, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? First step: Contact our Fairfield, IL, accident lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Fairfield injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Fairfield, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Fairfield, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Fairfield auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Fairfield, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.