Auto Accident Attorneys in Fairview Heights, IL
Contact our experienced Fairview Heights, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Fairview Heights, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from vehicle-related accidents. Please contact our Fairview Heights auto accident lawyers today if you have a claim. We provide free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call now for a consultation.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. It is important to our lawyers to provide top-notch legal counsel. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people die each year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning compensation. Our auto accident attorneys in Fairview Heights, IL, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto crashes are complicated, and it’s important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Fairview Heights, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
A settlement for auto accidents varies on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is associated with upwards of 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths every year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Other types of large truck accidents involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Fairview Heights car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Fairview Heights, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what you’re owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to consider.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it is absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks start to add up. Our Fairview Heights car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Fairview Heights, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Fairview Heights, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Fairview Heights, IL, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Fairview Heights injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Fairview Heights, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Fairview Heights, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Fairview Heights auto accident attorneys today for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Fairview Heights, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.