Auto Accident Attorneys in Farmington, MO
Contact our experienced Farmington, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Farmington, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Please contact our Farmington auto accident lawyers now if you are looking for legal representation. We offer free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call now for a free case review and consultation.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35 million for victims and their families. It’s important to our lawyers to offer grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people die each year in auto accidents. It’s considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, over 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases usually involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of getting reimbursement. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Farmington, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it is crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Farmington, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
The Most Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Compensation for car and truck accidents vary based on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths per year. Some of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Farmington auto accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Our Farmington, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what you’re owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial truck, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to consider.
- Medical Expenses: When you are injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks can add up. Our Farmington car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Farmington, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Farmington, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Farmington, MO, accident lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Farmington injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Farmington, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Farmington, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Farmington auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Farmington, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.